Pages

Dec 30, 2021

Trans Tape Review (for very large chested people)

As those following me here know -- I was recently denied my breast reduction until I get down to 190lbs (currently 250lbs) and as someone with a history of eating disorders, any attempt to lose weight is going to lead to severely worsened mental health. So, I've been looking for other options. I recently bought the ultimate compression tank from Underworks and while it sure does flatten out my chest, I can't really just hang out while wearing it -- sitting down in it makes breathing somewhat difficult and the compression on my stomach can give me digestive issues. Oh, the joys of being thirty!

On top of that, I happen to have very large (40K) and very close-set (I have cleavage even shirtless) breasts -- and binders really tend to want to smoosh them up towards the front when I wear them. Which creates a way more obvious curve and a lot of sweating, even in the winter. Sure, I can re-adjust and push the tissue towards my arm pits but it will, inevitably, when moving my arms, squish right back into the center. 

Just before Christmas, I discovered the existence of Trans Tape thanks to tumblr user @nothorses. Looking at it, I noticed that their instagram and examples are really inclusive of fat trans men and fat nonbinary people -- which made me incredibly happy. I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to see 90% of things for trans folk advertised on wispy thin people. Which made me decide: I am going to give this a shot! 

I ordered a roll of the large beige tape and waited, very impatiently, for my package to arrive. My first impressions were that there was quite a bit on the roll (though my fumbling to get things on the first time meant I wasted a lot of it.  Oops). And that I really did like the texture. So I did my 24 hour allergy test and again, I waited (very impatiently).

A quick bit of context so that readers have a better idea of what I am working with so they can make an informed decision: I have very dense breasts that are made up mostly of mammary tissue due to being pregnant in my early 20s (I was also, irritatingly, lactating colostrum until I was three months into taking T). So my breasts don't have quite as much "squish" as some other people. They're also very heavy (somewhere around 10lbs per breast) and do not like to be smooshed at all. 


This did make me a little bit concerned about the effectiveness of trans tape since a lot of the people featured on their instagram do not appear to have chests as large (or as dense) as mine.  Today, I got to do my first application and while I did struggle and I think I can do a better application the next time, I am incredibly happy so far. For the first time in, I think forever, I am looking down at my chest and not feeling that disappointment, frustration or distress at the size or shape of it.  I'm looking down and I feel happy. I look down and instead of seeing girl titties, I'm seeing man titties. And that feels unbelievably fucking good.

Results:



Let's talk in detail about those results: This is flatter than my casual binder (underworks econo-binder) but not as flat as my good binder (underworks ultimate compression tank) but it's more comfortable than both. I'm feeling pretty well supported and don't have any painful bounce. Which is pretty impressive when you're working with around 20lbs of breast tissue.

My main issues with binders (the compression making it feel difficult to breathe, the binder moving around, my breasts being pushed to the front and making a valley of sweat and discomfort) are non-existent with this method of binding.  I can breathe freely and I'm not turning into a sauna under my binder. Which is fucking fantastic. 

And while the shape I have without a shirt on is still pretty obviously "feminine", I'm really pleased with the result and I think I've already got a pretty good idea of how to improve my application next time. 

I think I can definitely recommend this method to larger chested trans dudes and if you have saggier/more fat based breasts than mine, you'll probably have an easier time getting things manipulated into a good shape than I did. Mainly I'm just happy with looking down and seeing moobs instead of girl boobs. I don't need to be totally flat, just have a more believably "masculine" shape and I feel pretty good about the first attempt. I will update with future attempts in time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rules for Commenting (if rules are not followed your comment may be subject to deletion without warning)

1. No trolling/fatphobia/homophobia/transphobia/acephobia/racism/sexism or any other form of bigotry
2. Please use trigger warnings if you're going to be talking about the following things: rape/sexual abuse, detailed discussion of eating disorders, self-harm, violent death/murder, any form of abuse.
3. Be respectful of the feelings of other commenters and the author.